We want you to enjoy your Filia Rex jewellery for a long time. Follow our care tips to maintain the beauty of your pieces.
- Wear silver jewellery often to avoid tarnish. The oils in your skin can actually help “clean” the silver and keep it looking shiny.
- Take off your jewellery when cleaning, swimming and sunbathing.
- Put it on after applying cosmetics and hair products.
The following will cause corrosion and tarnish:
- Household chemicals
- Chlorinated water
- Sulfur (found in mayonnaise, eggs, mustard, onions, latex, wool)
- Strong, direct sunlight
- Try to keep your pieces in their original boxes. Avoid leather as this can cause scratches.
- Airtight plastic bags and anti-tarnish strips can help maintain the lustre of silver.
- Don't store multiple pieces in the same bag as this can cause scratches.
- Keep chains unclasped to prevent scratching.
- Try placing a piece of chalk or a container of silica gel in the storage area to minimise tarnish.
Cleaning and polishing
- Soap, water, and a dry cloth to buff will generally be sufficient.
- Use a special silver cloth or any lint-free flannel or other soft nonabrasive cloth.
- Do not use paper towels or tissues as these can cause scratches.
- Use long sweeping motions that mirror the grain of the metal. Don't rub in circles.
We are happy to repair items and carry out professional polishing on tarnished silver. Contact email@example.com to arrange.